Overview of Role
The Project Controller (PC) is responsible for working within all stages of project management. The primary role is to work closely with one or more project managers to ensure that all budgeting, scheduling and coordination processes run smoothly. The PC will monitor the progress of projects to ensure that they are working within the confines of set deadlines and budget limitations and generate progress reports to managers. The PC will make suggestions for improvements to project operations as needed in order to improve on time delivery, reduce cost or improve quality.
Project Controller Responsibilities:
- Continually monitor and evaluate each step of a project to ensure it meets budgetary and deadline goals.
- Report to project managers to discuss the progress of each project, resourcing needs, schedule changes, project scope adjustments and more.
- The two main areas of focus are budgeting and scheduling. Assist in setting a project budget and be involved in assembling a project team and setting task schedules.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining reports addressing all aspects of project development and completion. Present the details of these reports during group or one-on-one meetings with senior managers.
- Recognise areas within the project that need improvement in order to maintain efficiency and cost control and present their ideas to project managers. Assume the responsibility of implementing and managing these changes in the project management cycle.
- Support the preparation of customer bids and proposals.
- Facilitate and minute progress meetings, maintain action logs, store and maintain project documentation.
Project Controller Requirements:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and written/oral communication skills
- Able to regularly and reliably make deadlines and achieve delivery targets
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of customers, suppliers, managers, subcontractors, consultants and otherprofessionals
- Ability to evaluate step-by-step project management processes
- Ability to oversee project team members (as required)
- Creating and adjusting project budgets
- Forecasting project goals and completion
- Developing project scheduling, budgeting and progress reports
- Ability to extract, analyse and present data from various electronic systems
- An understanding of working within or alongside project teams
- Understanding of dealing with UK MoD
- GCSE English and Maths Grade C or above and/or equivalent suitable PMO qualification
- 3+ years’ experience in a related defence/technology company or in a project environment
- Computer Skills (including MS Office)
- Valid Passport
- UK Driving Licence
- Hold or be able to hold SC clearance
IrvinGQ is part of a highly successful international parent company. We are at the forefront of design, manufacturing and technology for an innovative range of products to worldwide customers within the demanding Aerospace and Defence sectors.
Hours: Full Time, Permanent, 4 day week Monday-Thursday
If you interested in this vacancy and wish to apply, please send your CV to Wendy Walker email@example.com