Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the delivery of all required parts, raw materials, services and resources to enable IrvinGQ to deliver to their customers on time, on cost and to the expected level of quality. They are expected to effectively manage a Supply Chain Team through day-to-day tasks as well implementing and contributing to a long term strategic direction. They will be expected to work closely with other key areas of the business such as Sales, Engineering, Finance and Production to report key metrics to management.
• Managing the Supply Chain Team to actively ensure purchase orders are placed in line with MRP requirements and that delivery of all raw materials are available for the production Team to hit their job start dates
• Lead the Supply Chain Team and provide guidance on sourcing, negotiation and procurement of goods, services and resources
• Supplier relationship management through designated metrics and long term agreement (LTA) implementation
• Bid support to provide accurate costings or estimates for use in customer offers
• Ensure the Supply Chain Team complies with the legislation applicable to the import/export of goods and carry out regular audits
• Monitor, control, forecast and report inventory levels
• Review, define and optimise departmental policies and procedures
• Strategically focus and analyse trends in the markets to ensure that IrvinGQ achieve or improve on their expected cost base
• Enact offload of production from all areas of the business when required
• Monthly and weekly reporting to the Business Management Team and Senior Leadership Team as and when required
Critical Skills Required:
• Strong leadership skills, able to motivate, influence and guide others
• Ability to make informed decision in a high pressure environment
• Self-motivated, commercially astute with the ability to work as part of a Team, using initiative.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with internal customers and external suppliers to achieve the best outcome for the business, optimising customer value, while minimising total cost of ownership and risks
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Dynamic and innovative approach
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritising work in accordance with business needs
• Possess market knowledge to inform product and service selection and monitoring
• Positive and proactive with a tenacious attitude to complete tasks to a high standard, with a results orientated approach
• Understand financial, legal and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) issues.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
• CIPS Qualified / or equivalent experience
• Typically, 5+ years’ Supply Chain Management experience in a related defence / technology company
• Experience in a Supply Chain manufacturing environment
• Experience with importing and exporting goods through a variety of global logistic chains
• Willingness and ability to travel within the UK and overseas
• Hold or be able to hold UK Security Clearance
If you are interested or know anyone who is interested in applying for the role, please submit your CV/Application form to Wendy Walker.