Senior Project Manager
Role Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for delivering complex projects, both internally funded and customer contracts, to time, cost and quality. The Senior Project Manager will primarily be responsible for delivery of production biased contracts. However, they may be required to manage different types of contracts and in the context of this organisation, a contract may include but not be limited to supply of existing product, new product design and development and through life support or decommissioning services.
The Senior Project Manager must be able to operate autonomously and prioritise their workload appropriately, particularly planning, tracking and reporting.
Whilst the majority of the Senior Project Manager’s role will be focused on the delivery of contractual commitments, the role will also require an active participation in bid preparation to ensure what is being bid can be delivered.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- An inclusive, collaborative leader who inspires others to high performance
- Project management experience delivering to time, cost and quality on complex cross-functional projects >£1m with significant risk profiles
- An effective decision maker that exercises professional judgement and takes personal responsibility for the direction of projects and teams
- Proactive in the identification and capture of new business
- Qualified to a recognised project management standard (e.g PRINCE2, PMI, APM)
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills, up to company director level or equivalent
- Adaptable and biased to action, solution focused and know how to get the best from the team.
- Track record of mentoring and training project managers
- Comfortable working under pressure and with conflicting priorities
- Drives continuous improvement priorities for project management tools and processes
- Able to remain objective, acting with integrity and honesty at all times
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Experience in a regulated industry, such as defence, medical, automotive, etc
- Project management experience delivering to time, cost and quality on projects >£3m or delivering several smaller projects concurrently
- Experience of managing projects with significant manufacturing content, both internal and sub-contracted
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Willingness and ability to travel within the UK and overseas
- Hold or be able to hold UK Security Clearance
- UK Driving licence
If you are interested or know anyone who is interested in applying for the role, please submit your CV / Application form to Wendy Walker.