Role summary and primary responsibilities
Project engineers own all the technical aspects of a project and are accountable for ensuring that the technical scope is delivered to time, cost and quality. The project engineer defines the overall technical programme and ensures that the technical team, from design through to manufacturing, comes together to deliver exciting products that delight customers.
Project engineers are involved in the delivery of projects that span from pure R&D through to through-life Post Design Services (PDS) customer support. You are a leader, bringing together a team to deliver high quality, mission critical capability when customers need it.
Whilst the majority of the Project Engineer’s role will be focused on the delivery of on-contract or R&D projects, the role will also require active participation in bid preparation to ensure what is being bid can be delivered.
Essential Qualifications and skills
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience in engineering design and manufacturing
- An effective decision maker that exercises professional judgement and takes personal responsibility for the direction of projects and teams
- Analytical approach to problem solving combined with a drive to deliver products that are not “just like everybody else.”
- Familiar with CAD tools
- Adaptable and biased to action, solution focused and knows how to get the best from the team
- Able to remain objective, always acting with integrity and honesty
- Engineering bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Advantageous skills and experience
- Experience in a regulated industry, such as defence, medical, automotive, etc
- Experience of Autodesk Inventor
- Proactive in the identification and capture of new business
- Comfortable working under pressure and with conflicting priorities
- Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Knowledge of a variety of engineering design methodologies, including waterfall/V-cycle and agile, iterative approaches
- Free-thinking and innovative, always looking for a way to make customers’ lives better
- Experience of certification/qualification testing and trials
- Willingness and ability to travel within the UK and overseas
- Hold or be able to hold UK Security Clearance
- UK driving license
If you are interested, please submit your CV / Application form to Wendy Walker.