|NATO Stock Number||5110-99-567-0707|
|Part Number||MRIGQ 1581|
Aircrew Cutter Mk1
The IrvinGQ Aircrew Cutter Mk 1 is designed to cut parachute rigging lines and restraint harness webbing. It was developed for the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD) to replace the Emergency Knife Mk 3.
- The Aircrew Cutter Mk 1 comprises a two-part ABS moulded handle which contains a sliding / locking blade operated by a spring-loaded button. The blade has a shrouded cutting edge and a stabbing point.
- The blade will cut through a double thickness of Nylon 6.6 (up to 6 mm), Kevlar and Nylon 6.6 parachute rigging line.
- By extending the blade a fixed distance, the cutter can be used to puncture an inflated life preserver without causing injury to the wearer.
- The cutter is stowed in a purpose-built pocket / pouch which has been designed to be sewn or attached with adhesive to flying clothing. The cutter is attached to the pouch with a lanyard.
- All materials are corrosion resistant and all metal components have been de-magnetized.
- The cutter is designed for a single emergency use.In service with the UK Armed Forces since 1998.
Contact us for more details